Box Office and Theater Policies
- Tickets are available for purchase via phone, online, or in person by visiting our Box Office.
- Please note that listed prices do not include applicable fees. Ticket Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Everyone attending performances must have a ticket, regardless of age.
- Tickets are available on a first come, first served basis. The Box Office is not able to hold ticket reservations or guarantee seating without fully processing a ticket order.
- A ticket fee will be added to each ticket purchase and will be displayed as “unit fee” during online orders. This fee will also apply to tickets purchased via phone or in person at our Box Office. Please contact our Box Office for more information on current ticket price and ticket fee amounts.
Box Office Hours
- The Kate Box Office is open Tuesday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Box Office is also open one hour prior to each performance and is closed on major state and federal holidays. Hours may vary based on season.
Forms of Payment
- The Kate accepts cash, checks, MasterCard, VISA, American Express, Discover, and gift certificates purchased at the Kate.
Refunds and Performance Cancellations
- The Kate does not provide refunds for ticket transactions. The Kate also does not accept the return of purchased tickets on a consignment basis for resale to other patrons on behalf of the original customer. Patrons may donate unused tickets prior to the performances back to the Kate. These donations may be tax-deductible based on applicable State and Federal laws.
- The Kate does not permit ticket exchanges unless certain membership levels permit such exchanges.
- The Kate makes all reasonable attempts to not cancel events. When a performance occurs, then the no refund policy remains in effect. In event of a cancellation, notice will be posted on the Kate’s website, and emails will be sent to ticket holders at least three hours prior to the event. Where possible, the Kate will attempt to contact ticketed patrons by phone to notify them of the cancellation. Every effort will be made to reschedule the event and tickets for the cancelled show will be honored at the rescheduled performance.
- Please note: All performances, events, dates, and times are subject to change.
- At present, gift certificates may only be redeemed in person at the Box Office or over the phone.
- The Kate gift certificates are good for tickets to any performance at the Kate, subject to availability. They are not able to be used for concessions or at the Kate Boutique. Due to high ticket demand, we recommend you redeem your gift certificate well in advance of the desired performance date.
These terms and conditions (the “Kate Gift Certificate Terms and Conditions”) set forth the terms and conditions between you and The Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center, Inc. (“The Kate”) governing the issuance and use of gift certificates sold by The Kate (“Kate Gift Certificates”). By using, or permitting anyone to use a Kate Gift Certificate, you agree to these terms and conditions. The terms, “we,” “us,” and “our” mean The Kate and “you” or “your” mean the person that purchased the Kate Gift Certificate from us, anyone receiving the Kate Gift Certificate, and anyone using the Kate Gift Certificate.
- Kate Gift Certificate may be redeemed only in connection with the purchase of tickets at the Kate Box Office. Kate Gift Certificate are not credit or debit cards, nor redeemable for cash. Purchases are deducted from your Kate Gift Certificate balance. If an order exceeds the available amount of any Gift Certificate, the balance must be paid with cash, a credit card or other available payment method.
- The Kate is not responsible if a Kate Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission. All sales are final. Exchanges are limited and subject to availability.
THE KATE MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO GIFT CERTIFICATES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
- The Kate Gift Certificate are issued by The Kate. When you purchase, receive or redeem a Kate Gift Certificate, you agree that the laws of the State of Connecticut, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Kate Gift Certificate terms and conditions. The Kate reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time at its discretion. All terms and conditions are applicable to the extent permitted by law.
If you have any questions, please call The Kate Box Office at 860.510.0453.
- The Kate prohibits weapons of any kind on its premises. All persons and bags may be subject to a search. The Kate staff reserves the right to ask any patron creating a disturbance to leave the theater. At times a police officer may be hired by the Kate to assist in security.
- The Kate is a smoke-free facility.
- Cellular phones, pagers and other electronic devices should be silenced prior to entering the theater. Text messaging and the use of other devices that cause unnecessary light should not be used in the theater except in cases of emergency.
No audio or visual recording devices are permitted into the theater. The use of cellular phones for recording or photography is also prohibited, unless stated otherwise.
- Please plan to arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to the performance time printed on your ticket. The lobby is open one hour prior to performance time and theater seating begins 30 minutes prior to each event. Late seating will be at the discretion of the Kate staff, and requires that late audience members wait to enter the theater until a designated break in the performance.
During CPTV filmed performances, patrons are requested to arrive a minimum of 15 minutes early for seating prior to the start of filming. Once filming begins, the Kate or CPTV staff reserve the right to seat people based on their discretion. Seat fillers may be used until ticketed patrons arrive to ensure a full audience is presented for filming.
- The Kate reserves the right to terminate sales of alcohol to patrons in its sole discretion.
- Souvenirs are available in our boutique in the lobby areas for select performances. Show related merchandise is sold by the show’s producing organization and therefore The Kate is not responsible for defective merchandise.
Patrons Who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Headsets are available at the Box Office to assist with sound amplification and clarity. A driver’s license or other form of photo ID must be presented. Please note, under certain conditions where a performer or performance group chooses not to use amplification, the Kate’s internal listening system may be limited by the previously mentioned lack of amplification.
Patrons Who are Mobility Impaired
- Handicapped spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The Kate theater has handicapped accessible seating. The Kate cannot accommodate patrons who arrive with tickets in non-accessible seats expecting to be seated elsewhere. Wheelchair accessible seating may be purchased by phone, in person, or online.
- Mobility aids that cannot be stored safely within the patron’s seating area will be stored outside the theater as close as possible to the patron’s seat.
- It is recommended that patrons who use wheelchairs bring a companion to assist them in maneuvering the wheelchair around The Kate.
- Please inform the Box Office of any accessibility needs when purchasing tickets.
- The main entrance for The Kate is fully accessible and is located at 300 Main Street. The Kate maintains an elevator to assist patrons to the second level where the theater is.
- The Kate is equipped with accessible restrooms on the first level of the facility. There are two accessible restrooms within the facility, please ask the Kate staff for more information upon your arrival.
- Service animals, limited to dogs are welcome inside The Kate and must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times. If you intend to bring a service animal to an event, please notify the Box Office at the time of purchase so that an appropriate seat may be purchased for you.
The Kate does not discriminate on the basis of disability in admission or access to, treatment of or employment in its services, programs or activities. Upon request, reasonable accommodation will be provided to allow individuals with disabilities to participate in our services, programs and activities.