The Kate keeps a roster of sound and lighting technicians to join or supplement our house crew. If you wish to be considered, please send your material and contact information to email@example.com with subject line “Kate Tech Crew.”
Title: Business Manager
Job Type: Part-Time
The Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center, located in Old Saybrook, CT, seeks a highly motivated and detail oriented Business Manager. This position will work directly with the Executive Director, Box Office Manager, and Director of Development to ensure efficient and accurate operations.
This position reports to the Executive director and duties include management of company banking and cash flow, annual audit and financial reporting, vendor relationships, insurance policies, payroll and some HR functions.
- Daily management and oversight of Company bank accounts and line of credit.
- Serve as primary point of contact with Company vendors and Accounts Payable.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Accounts Receivable. Tracking and pursuit of outstanding payments.
- Entry, maintenance and processing of Staff payroll.
- Prepare and process all artist deposits and payments.
- Prepare and balance all deposits and reconcile against ticketing reports (Patron Manager)
- Serve as primary Human Resources point of contact including management of employee benefits and records.
- Prepare monthly regular and special (as requested by staff) budget reports. Includes show reports, administrative reports, and development reports.
- Prepare for and lead annual external audit.
- Provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation.
- Manage cash bags/credit processing for Bar/Concessions and Kate Boutique and manage transactions and inventory for both.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
- Quickbooks experience and familiarity essential
- Microsoft Excel/Word essential
- Experience with Patron Manager (Ticketing Software) and/or Shopkeep (Bar/Concessions POS) a plus
- Valid Drivers license (Business Manager makes frequent bank visits)
- Mathematics – Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made.
- Execute exceptionally detail oriented work w/ backup.
The position is available immediately. Hourly rate competitive; based on 24 hours weekly. (Hours flexible) Schedule based on Tuesday – Friday work week with an occasional nights/weekend day. Send resume and cover letter to the Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center, 300 Main Street, Old Saybrook, CT 06475, Attn: Brett Elliott or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center (The Kate) is looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our Bar/Concessions staff.
This position is part-time/as needed. Scheduling is completed in month blocks at least 2 weeks in advance and is based on the Kate’s production/show schedule. This position requires evenings/weekends but has great flexibility in scheduling. Shifts are typically 3-5 hours.
Bar/Concessions Staff is responsible for preparing Bar/Concessions for shows, keep the space clean, Point of Sales system/handling money, and restocking.
The Kate’s Bar/Concessions is simple in nature: Water, Soda, Beer, Wine, Snacks, and basic mixed drinks. Advanced bar-tending skill is not required though favorable. TIPS certification a plus. Hires made w/o TIPS certification will be required to complete training with organizational assistance.
Individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and have great customer services skills will be most successful in this position.
Please fill out application below and email to: email@example.com for consideration. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application: The Kate BartenderConcessions Application