The Kate keeps a roster of sound and lighting technicians to join or supplement our house crew. If you wish to be considered, please send your material and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Kate Tech Crew.”
Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center (The Kate) Learn more about the Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center: www.thekate.orgThe Kate seeks a highly motivated and detail-oriented Production Manager to join the Kate team in presenting 200+ performances and special programs yearly at the Center.
In this full-time position, the Production Manager will align with and support the Kate Staff in all production and technical needs, supervise freelance lighting and sound crew, advance and execute all incoming shows, oversee rentals, and oversee all production elements for special events. In addition Production Manager will oversee the theater space and equipment.
The Kate is a very team oriented atmosphere with staff frequently overlapping in duties and responsibilities. Someone who thrives in a team environment will excel at the Kate.
RESPONSIBILITIES VARY AND INCLUDE:
- On a daily basis, work closely with the Executive Director in maintaining the performance and event calendar for the Kate.
- Advance all technical/hospitality elements for each performance via artist, agents and managers as well as Kate freelance tech and hospitality teams.
- Take lead on production elements for CPTV’s ‘The Kate’ working in tandem with the Kate Executive Director and CPTV’s production manager and producers.
- Excel at either general lighting (ETC Ion) or sound mixing (LS9 Console) or both. The Kate works with a very strong and talented core of freelance lighting designers and sound engineers, but Production Manager will operate lighting and/or sound for some performances.
- Production Manager will maintain a somewhat flexible schedule based on Center need. Schedule will be created by Production Manager based on Center programming and approved by the Executive Director. He/She will not be required to work all performances, but will work the majority of performances during the year.
- Production Manager will schedule current freelance technical crew and train new crew as needed.
- A comfort with technology is a must. Production Manager will maintain all theater equipment, including simulcast equipment. The shows dozens of simulcasts a year including the MET Opera, National Theatre, and the Bolshoi Ballet, among others.
- Responsible for the daily management of physical spaces and production resources (tuned piano, AV equipment, order supplies, etc).
- Set up/strike events and transition theater from standards setup to cabaret or other on an as needed basis.
- Lead production elements for Kate special events (Gala, Oscar Party, 5Kate, etc.)
- Work with the Executive Director to schedule rentals (conferences, weddings, meetings events, etc.) and analyze their impact on operations across all departments and spaces.
- Coordinate logistics for all Rentals at the Kate, from one day/evening rentals to week long theater residencies. This position will be the point of contact for all site visits, space and technical questions, and the execution of a successful event.
Kate’s Camp for Kids
- Particularly in the summer, but year round, work closely with the Kate’s Camp for Kids Director to ensure all technical and space needs are met.
- Production Manager will act as the technical lead for all public performances at the end of each program session. (Currently 4-5 weeks each summer, a fall program, and a winter/spring program.)
- The Kate works with professional performers/musicians, amateur performers/musicians, individuals with varying abilities, and children. Production Manager must exhibit patience and compassion and be willing to develop an appropriate and positive relationship with all of these groups.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Evenings, weekends, and some holidays required.
- This position, and every staff member, represents the Kate, a vibrant and thriving Arts Center.
LOOKING FOR AN INDIVIDUAL WHO IS:
- Organized, creative, efficient team player with a genuine interest and demonstrated background in theater, production, large-scale event production, arts education, and/or arts management.
- Able to efficiently manage a wide-range of tasks with accuracy, grace, and humor.
- Upbeat with a “let’s-do-this” attitude.
- Able to juggle multiple projects, meeting strict deadlines and working well under pressure.
- Solution-finders, with the ability to calmly and efficiently problem solve.
- Strong manager of time, with the ability to deftly handle a variety of tasks.
- Discreet, able to handle sensitive information with reliability, maturity, and confidence.
- Able to spot opportunities to make a positive difference.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Experience with Qlab, CAD, PatronManager, and/or photoshop a plus
- Will need to be able to move and lift furniture, set pieces, props and other equipment which may be heavy in weight.
- Must uphold all of the Kate’s employment policies as well as the children‘s programming code of conduct.
- Willing to grow with the Kate and its diverse programming.
This position supports all Kate programming and reports to the Executive Director.
Salary negotiable based on experience. Benefits included. Please convey any salary requirements. For consideration, please send letter and resume to: email@example.com with “Production Manager Applicant” in the subject line. EOE.