The Kate keeps a roster of sound and lighting technicians to join or supplement our house crew. If you wish to be considered, please send your material and contact information to email@example.com with subject line “Kate Tech Crew.”
The Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center (The Kate) is looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our Bar/Concessions staff.
This position is part-time/as needed. Scheduling is completed in month blocks at least 2 weeks in advance and is based on the Kate’s production/show schedule. This position requires evenings/weekends but has great flexibility in scheduling. Shifts are typically 3-5 hours.
Bar/Concessions Staff is responsible for preparing Bar/Concessions for shows, keep the space clean, Point of Sales system/handling money, and restocking.
The Kate’s Bar/Concessions is simple in nature: Water, Soda, Beer, Wine, Snacks, and basic mixed drinks. Advanced bar-tending skill is not required though favorable. TIPS certification a plus. Hires made w/o TIPS certification will be required to complete training with organizational assistance.
Individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and have great customer services skills will be most successful in this position.
Please fill out application below and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Questions may be directed to email@example.com.
Application: The Kate BartenderConcessions Application
Box Office Assistant
The Kate seeks a highly motivated and detail-oriented Box Office Assistant to join the Kate team in presenting 200+ performances and special programs yearly at the Center.
In this part-time position, the Box Office Assistant works for and with the Box Office Manager. The Box Office Assistant regularly works evening/weekend performances as the sole box office representative- interacting with staff, volunteers, and patrons, and addressing patron questions and concerns.
The Kate is a very team oriented atmosphere with staff frequently overlapping in duties and responsibilities. Someone who thrives in a team environment will excel at the Kate.
RESPONSIBILITIES VARY AND INCLUDE:
- Serves as ‘manager on duty’ for Kate performances and as such is responsible for the smooth operation of all aspects of the Box office operation.
- Provides information and sells tickets to Kate functions and events (over-the-counter, telephone and mail order requests)
- Troubleshoots (via phone or in person) patron’s problems with the online purchasing process.
- Operates a ticketing system terminal to complete and record the transactions while ensuring confidentiality of patron information.
- Queries the automated system to access current and historical data and provides reports as requested by Kate leadership.
- Following Box Office policy and procedure, accesses the system to provide information requested by patrons regarding their ticket purchases and resolves customer problems, e.g. lost tickets, ticket exchanges, etc.
- Applies a knowledge of event and theater characteristics (type of concert/play/film, seating plans, typical customer preferences, etc.) to assist patrons in making event and seating selections for scheduled or planned performances. Verifies time and date of preferred performance.
- Serves as a source of general information on Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center
LOOKING FOR AN INDIVIDUAL WHO IS:
- Organized, creative, and an efficient team player
- Punctual and trustworthy
- Able to work independently
- Able to efficiently manage a wide-range of tasks with accuracy, grace, and humor.
- Upbeat with a “let’s-do-this” attitude.
- Solution-finders, with the ability to calmly and efficiently problem solve.
- Discreet, able to handle sensitive information with reliability, maturity, and confidence.
- Able to spot opportunities to make a positive difference.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Experience with Patron Manager (ticketing platform) a plus
- Must uphold all of the Kate’s employment policies as well as the children‘s programming code of conduct.
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse community
- Two years of related experience – customer service, sales or the equivalent.
- One or more years’ experience with currency and credit card transaction
- Other duties as assigned.
- Irregular schedule with evenings, weekends, and some holidays required.
- This position, and every staff member, represents the Kate, a vibrant and thriving Arts Center.
Starting hourly wage $15, negotiable with experience.
For consideration, please send letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Box Office Assistant Applicant” in the subject line. No phone calls. The Kate is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, and verification of work history.